Special Hazard Fire Protection
We plan, design, install & support sophisticated special hazards systems & supplement suppression with specialty fire extinguishers.
An effective fire safety strategy is a fundamental part of any vessel’s safety planning & integral part of that strategy is effective fire detection.
We provide a comprehensive range of quality, cost effective suppression systems, designed & produced to the latest marine standards.
Security solutions for use in sensitive and critical Zone 3, Zone 4 and Zone 5 environments, commonly deployed in critical infrastructure.
Products & Solutions
Wormald Technology, either as a principal or by drawing on partner products is capable of providing the following products and services.
• Design and manufacture of Fire Detection equipment and systems with PLC, ESD and PSD interfaces. Wormald are representatives of Thorn-Minerva and have access to an extensive range of Marine approved detection equipment including Hazardous Area equipment.
• Design and manufacture of Gas Detection equipment and systems with PLC, ESD and PSD interfaces.
• Design and supply of TUV approved TMR Process and Emergency Shut Down equipment and systems. Wormald is the sole Australasian agent for marine and offshore use of the HIMA® range of equipment.
• Design and supply of Fire Suppression systems and equipment.
Design, Project Management, Supply and Support of Military, Marine and Offshore Fire Protection, Detection & Security Systems.
Information Security can be protected using Australian Cyber Security 2022 award winner ArchTIS Kojensi, multilevel security platform to share and manage sensitive and highly classified information with our clients as part of our service offering.
AS2030 SAA Approved Gas Cylinder Filling and Test Stations Australia-wide. Accredited to import, store, fill and maintain Halon 1301 and Halon 1201 gases for use on RAN Navy vessels and Aircraft.
Wormald Technology acts as the Project Designers, Engineers and Managers with installation capabilities drawn on from the greater Wormald divisions.
Partners & Accreditation
Wormald Technology provides comprehensive service and support as required. Wormald Technology’s
sister companies (Wormald Fire Systems) are located in thefollowing major centres and regularly team
with Wormald Technology to provide field support:
• NSW Sydney, Newcastle, Coffs Harbour, Wagga, Wollongong, Dubbo, Singleton, Grafton, Albury, Tamworth.
• QLD Brisbane, Mackay, Cairns, Gladstone, Rockhampton, Townsville, Mt Isa, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, Hervey Bay,
• VIC Melbourne, Geelong
• TAS Hobart, Launceston
• SA Adelaide, Mt Gambier
• NT Darwin, Alice Springs
• WA Perth, Bunbury, Karratha
• ACT Canberra
• NZ Auckland, Wellington, Whangarei, Christchurch, Dunedin, Invercargill
• FIJI Suva, Lautoka
In addition, Wormald Technology has support networks in most International locations. These include
but are not limited to Singapore, China, Korea, United Kingdom, Canada and the United States. With
suitable notification, In Service Support and maintenance can be made available.
As the marine specialists, we service a large number of vessels throughout
Australia, with numerous fire protection system installations, and we can
offer many services including:
• Special Hazards fire protection and fire detection systems
• Commercial, Marine, Mining and Defence MIL–SPEC Gas detection systems
• Commercial, Marine, Mining and Defence MIL–SPEC Fire detection and control systems
• Commercial, Marine, Mining and Defence MIL – SPEC Fire Suppressions Systems
• Commercial Marine, Mining and Defence MIL – SPEC – Security, CCTV and Access Control Systems
• LR Register Certification for Serving Marine Fire Systems
• DNV Class Certification for Serving Marine Fire Systems
• ABS Class Certification for Serving Marine Fire Systems
• VdS & RINA Class Certification for Serving Marine Fire Systems (under final review)
In all leading edge companies there is a need to be assured of system and process compliance at all phases of the product life cycle.
An accredited and effective AS/ISO 9001 Quality Management System provides assurance to customers of products and services that are both quality and cost effective.
Wormald Technology is accredited to AS/NZS ISO 9001:2008
We use our Quality Assurance System to monitor, inspect and test the products and services supplied by subcontractors and smaller suppliers.