Fire can be the greatest single threat to safety. Fast-acting and reliable fire protection systems are therefore critical to ensuring human and asset protection.
Effective Fire Suppression is a multifaceted challenge that demands a wealth of products, systems and knowledge. For over decades we have been striving to safeguard personnel and ships from the threat of fire. We provide a comprehensive range of high quality, cost effective suppression systems that are designed and produced to the latest marine standards.
Wormald Technology has considerable Australian experience in the design and supply of fire protection systems and toxic gas detection systems for naval vessels that include:
- 64 USN FFG Guided Missile Frigates – Initial Build
- 2 RAN Hydrographic Survey Vessels
- 15 RAN Fremantle Class Patrol Boats – Initial Build & LOTE Refit
- 6 RAN Collins Class Submarines
- 6 Huon Class Coastal Minehunters
- 6 RAN FFG Guided Missile Frigates – Initial Build & LOTE Refit
- 2 RAN Inshore Minehunters
- 8 RAN Landing Craft Heavy
- RAN Fleet Supply Vessel – HMAS Success
- RAN Amphibious Vessel – HMAS Tobruk
- RAN Fleet Replenishment Vessel – HMAS Sirius
- 2 Royal Thai Navy Coastal Minehunters
- 10 ANZAC Frigates – Initial Build
- 3 Hobart Class Air Warfare Destroyers
- 4 RAN Survey Motor Launches
- Pacific Nation Naval Vessels
Large scale transportation requires effective fire suppression and containment at every point of the ship to prevent, contain, and extinguish a fire throughout the entire ship’s cargo area. Since 1933, Wormald Technology have worked in partnership with Owners/Ship Management companies in Australia providing every form of fire protection imaginable.
Cruise ship operators pride themselves in treating their customers to a cosmopolitan, relaxed atmosphere, providing a wide variety of daytime and evening activities and entertainment. The expertise and experience of Wormald Technology within this important marine sector is unparalleled and we remain at the forefront in this highly specialised area. Our track record in the protection of Cruise Ships for a wide range of international Shipbuilders and Fleet operators, speaks for itself.
Wormald Technology provides comprehensive service and support as required. Wormald Technology’s
sister companies (Wormald Fire Systems) are located in thefollowing major centres and regularly team
with Wormald Technology to provide field support:
• NSW Sydney, Newcastle, Coffs Harbour, Wagga, Wollongong, Dubbo, Singleton, Grafton, Albury, Tamworth.
• QLD Brisbane, Mackay, Cairns, Gladstone, Rockhampton, Townsville, Mt Isa, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, Hervey Bay,
• VIC Melbourne, Geelong
• TAS Hobart, Launceston
• SA Adelaide, Mt Gambier
• NT Darwin, Alice Springs
• WA Perth, Bunbury, Karratha
• ACT Canberra
• NZ Auckland, Wellington, Whangarei, Christchurch, Dunedin, Invercargill
• FIJI Suva, Lautoka
In addition, Wormald Technology has support networks in most International locations. These include
but are not limited to Singapore, China, Korea, United Kingdom, Canada and the United States. With
suitable notification, In Service Support and maintenance can be made available.
In all leading edge companies there is a need to be assured of system and process compliance at all phases of the product life cycle.
An accredited and effective AS/ISO 9001 Quality Management System provides assurance to customers of products and services that are both quality and cost effective.
Wormald Technology is accredited to AS/NZS ISO 9001:2008
We use our Quality Assurance System to monitor, inspect and test the products and services supplied by subcontractors and smaller suppliers.