About Wormald Technology
Wormald Technology is a specialist department of Wormald specialising in supplying and servicing the marine industry. We have extensive experience in the design, supply, installation and commissioning of marine, naval and military fire protection, detection, safety and security systems.
Wormald Technology provide onshore and offshore fire protection systems for commercial, military and recreational vessels and facilities. Wormald established the Australian Submarine Corporation with Kockums, Chicago Bridge & Iron and the Australian Industry Development Corporation for the construction of the Collins Class submarine fleet operated by the Australian Navy.
As the marine specialists, we service a large number of vessels throughout Australia, with numerous fire protection system installations, and we can offer many services including:
- Lloyds registered servicing, maintenance and certification services
- Specialised fire suppression, fire detection and alarm protection systems
- Commercial and MIL–SPEC gas detection systems
- Commercial and MIL–SPEC fire detection systems
- Maintenance and Servicing Services to SOLAS, IMO, International and Australian Standards.
- Life Safety Engineering and systems, evacuation control, life raft supply and maintenance.
The Wormald Technology team has developed a Cost/Schedule Control System (C/SCS) based project management methodology with which to satisfy the technical, schedule, and quality requirements of any contract. This is supported by project management software with multi-project capability, which allows us to meet the challenges of complex projects.
- Effective project management is achieved through:
- Comprehensive project planning
- Devolution of work into defined, manageable, configuration items
- Management reviews and controls
- Phased, and documented, design and development strategies
- In-built and independent quality reviews and audits
The project plan may be a single, comprehensive, document or broken down into more detailed sub-plans as would be necessary for larger projects. These plans may include development plans, configuration management plans, quality plans, logistic support plans or any other commercial or defence recognised planning documents.
- Meeting the challenges of complex real-time system development projects, Wormald Technology has developed the sophisticated engineering environment necessary to provide technically advanced, highly dependable systems.
- Wormald Technology applies true systems engineering to the given environment. The choice of products, applications or techniques for integration into the deliverable systems is determined by our ability to satisfy the specification for each individual project.
- Systems can be sophisticated and products outstanding, but ultimately their effectiveness relies on the expertise of the people behind them. This is why a dedicated workforce is integral to our Company, offering something as vital as fire protection. When you invest in Wormald Technology systems or equipment, you are buying into a wealth of expertise, service and commitment.
- We have on-going support contracts for equipment we designed and produced twenty five years ago and we have maintenance and support commitments well into the future, for equipment designed and produced within the last ten years
Wormald Technology has considerable Australian experience in the design and supply of fire protection systems and toxic gas detection systems for naval vessels that include: –
- 64 USN FFG Guided Missile Frigates – Initial Build
- 2 RAN Hydrographic Survey Vessels
- 15 RAN Fremantle Class Patrol Boats – Initial Build & LOTE Refit
- 6 RAN Collins Class Submarines
- 6 Huon Class Coastal Minehunters
- 6 RAN FFG Guided Missile Frigates – Initial Build & LOTE Refit
- 2 RAN Inshore Minehunters
- 8 RAN Landing Craft Heavy
- RAN Fleet Supply Vessel – HMAS Success
- RAN Amphibious Vessel – HMAS Tobruk
- RAN Fleet Replenishment Vessel – HMAS Sirius
- 2 Royal Thai Navy Coastal Minehunters
- 10 ANZAC Frigates – Initial Build
- 3 Hobart Class Air Warfare Destroyers
- 4 RAN Survey Motor Launches
Wormald Technology provides comprehensive service and support as required. Wormald Technology’s
sister companies (Wormald Fire Systems) are located in thefollowing major centres and regularly team
with Wormald Technology to provide field support:
• NSW Sydney, Newcastle, Coffs Harbour, Wagga, Wollongong, Dubbo, Singleton, Grafton, Albury, Tamworth.
• QLD Brisbane, Mackay, Cairns, Gladstone, Rockhampton, Townsville, Mt Isa, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, Hervey Bay,
• VIC Melbourne, Geelong
• TAS Hobart, Launceston
• SA Adelaide, Mt Gambier
• NT Darwin, Alice Springs
• WA Perth, Bunbury, Karratha
• ACT Canberra
• NZ Auckland, Wellington, Whangarei, Christchurch, Dunedin, Invercargill
• FIJI Suva, Lautoka
In addition, Wormald Technology has support networks in most International locations. These include
but are not limited to Singapore, China, Korea, United Kingdom, Canada and the United States. With
suitable notification, In Service Support and maintenance can be made available.
In all leading edge companies there is a need to be assured of system and process compliance at all phases of the product life cycle.
An accredited and effective AS/ISO 9001 Quality Management System provides assurance to customers of products and services that are both quality and cost effective.
Wormald Technology is accredited to AS/NZS ISO 9001:2008
We use our Quality Assurance System to monitor, inspect and test the products and services supplied by subcontractors and smaller suppliers.